Saturday, January 16, 2010

(Edited) MCS - My Dinosaur Life


FINALLY. I've been a huge fan of MCS since they played a small rinky-dinky club in my hometown during my high school years and completely blew the place away. Ever since then, every chance I get to see them play is a show well-worth-it. This album feels less-polished than Even if it Kills Me, but more so than their earlier efforts. Justin Pierre's voice has subtly evolved since their last album into something that adds more dynamic to the rough sound. I've always been blown away by his ability to go from highs to lows within the same line (listen for it, it's pretty remarkable), as if he were a classically trained pop-punk vocalist. Of course, I couldn't end this without making a note about the production and harmony (which IS the backbone of pop-punk): whether or not this is the case, it sounds like Justin and Co. have not layered each track as heavily as their previous records, which may lend to their return of the older sound. And the harmony exists, but not in the sugary overkill that I felt brought some of their other records down. Ironically (due to space considerations), I posted the only ballad on the record as the teaser, but it only gets better from there.

1. Worker Bee
2. A Lifeless Ordinary (Need A Little Help)
3. Her Words Destroyed My Planet
4. Disappear
5. Delirium
6. History Lesson
7.
Stand Too Close
8. Pulp Fiction
9. @!#?@!
10. Hysteria
11. Skin And Bones
12. The Weakends



Link: See Comments

1 comment:

Sickalbums said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?zydezuktkw1