Monday, November 5, 2007

Against Me! - New Wave




It wasn't till the summer that I really started listening to this band, which is unfortunate because I've deprived myself of years of quality music-listening time. Against Me! are pioneers in their own category (hardcore-altcountry), so it's really hard to compare them to other bands. My dear friend JJK says this about Against Me!: "It's a really positive and upbeat. Makes you wanna throw your fist in the air and go crazy." I agree. Tom Gabel's throaty, shredded vocals are reminiscent of Mike Ness with a bad sore throat, but creates the perfect backdrop for shout-out-loud choruses. The first single off the album, "Thrash Unreal," has an incredibly simple, addicting beat. Try it. It's more on the hardcore side, but you may enjoy it. Standout tracks: "Thrash Unreal," and "Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart." Rating: 8.5/10

Thrash Unreal:



Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1jc9npofmrn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Against me has their own channel on kyte.tv! They have several shows on there, all which they produced themselves! You definitely wont be disappointed!

www.kyte.tv/againstme