Sunday, November 11, 2007

Straylight Run - The Needles, The Space



So I have the option of getting a head start on my Irregular Warfare paper, thus preventing a last minute flurry of bullshit writing like my capstone, or post new blogs. I choose the latter. Straylight Run's second full-length (Prepare to be Wrong was an EP) is very impressive; John Nolan (formerly of Taking Back Sunday) leads a talented group, including his sister who provides the perfect balance, not only as a higher voice within songs, but also on the tracks that she provides the lead vocals. Production quality is somewhat raw, but I think it brings the listener closer to the artist when they're not hiding behind a shit load of post-production (most pop). Michelle Nolan's voice is not biting or whiny, but rather soft and intriguing. The songs are a mix of traditional Straylight ("The Words We Say"), but tempered with some new, experimental ideas ("How Do I Fix My Head"). Standout tracks: "The Miracle that Never Came," and "Still Alone." Rating: 8.5/10

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e0m9ixjg2zw

No comments: