Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cassino - Sounds of Salvation



Acoustic folk-rock at it's finest. Every now and then I'll surprise myself by finding a new band on a random purchase or download, but that's not very often. I randomly happened to stumble across a demo track by this band, and was instantly a fan. The dynamic duo of Nick Torres and Tyler Odom seamlessly blend poetry with a the intricate harmonies of a southern sound. Great for studying, relaxing, and sleeping. I think the album cover personifies the record: broken-down, quiet, dirty and barefoot, simplistic, and peaceful. Standout tracks: "Governor," "New Jerusalem," and "Platano." Rating: 10/10

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7w2dnmzjdgn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this voice from another band.. i just can't remember which one.

Anonymous said...

northstar.