Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Kennedys - Special K EP



Holy shit, this EP is amazing for spontaneous dance parties. It wasn't my ears that first discovered this band as much as my eyes, because they were on some small-ass Warped Tour side-stage in the back corner, but were wearing the most ridiculous outfits ever (super tight short-shorts, 70's clothes, and crazy wigs). I was hooked...mostly from the short shorts. Once he started into his set, I was even more blown away from the absurdity of the group, but in a good way. As far as MC's go, he's original. Originality counts for quite a bit in my book (which is ironic since I've been posting a ton of pop-punk lately), and his energy and crowd appeal don't hinder that either. I'd say in the past 6 years, I've bought less than 10 cd's. This is one of them. If you're kinda iffy right now, download it anyway, it's an EP, which means it's a really small file (less than 30mb). Do it and dance your little heart out. Standout tracks: "Your Mama," and "Karate." Rating: 8.5/10.

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?anigwbtyct9

No comments: