Saturday, November 8, 2008
Against Me! - Searching for a Former Clarity
This album, when it was released, became this band's big break. The popularity of "Don't Lose Touch" could be heard everywhere, and I remember watching MTV one day (and no, I don't do that anymore), and almost spitting out my drink when I saw their video for that song. Gabel really shines on this album, and his distinct singing/yelling plays well in songs like "Even at Our Worst We're Still Better Than Most" and "Unprotected Sex with Multiple Partners." The latter just has a certain beat that gets stuck in your head and makes you want to get up and do something (much like "Don't Lose Touch"). If you want a pick-me-up, snag it.
2. Mediocrity Gets You Pears (The Shaker)
3. Justin" – 3:57
4. Unprotected Sex With Multiple Partners
5. From Her Lips To God's Ears (The Energizer)
7. Pretty Girls (The Mover)
8. How Low
10. Holy Shit!
11. Even At Our Worst We're Still Better Than Most (The Roller)
13. Don't Lose Touch
14. Searching For A Former Clarity