Sunday, November 2, 2008

Latterman - No Matter Where We Go...!



This album has been around for quite awhile (long enough for the band to have broken up since it was released), but for some stupid reason, I had never paid it much attention. To sum up what I'm about to write for the next few sentence: THIS IS AWESOME. It's been awhile since I've discovered a band that takes the scene's "status quo," tweaks it a bit, and comes up with something that establishes a new baseline for bands to follow (I like to think I Am the Avalanche was the last group to do so). Latterman did that with this album. The record itself has just the right balance of production and raw recording, which I personally find very important. Phil Douglas seems to throw his vocals over the tight cohesion of the rest of the band, which wraps everything into a gritty package full of energy. I'm actually kinda pissed that it took me so long to realize how good this album really is, and the fact that I've had it for about a year and a half. If you like The Movielife/I am the Avalanche, I highly recommend getting this. Actually, if you like punk, you should get this.

1. My Bedroom is Like for Artists, Part 2
2. Doom! Doom! Doom!
3. Yo, Get Into It
4. This Project is Stagnant (Get it Out of My Face)
5. Dear Boys,
6. An Ode to Jon Contra, Part 2
7. Fear and Loathing on Long Island
8. Video Games and Fantasy Novels are Fucking Awesome!
9. Zombies are Pissed
10. We're Done For
11. I Wish Branca was Here
12. My Bedroom is Like for Artists

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eg4njne1ykj

No comments: