Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Smoke or Fire - This Sinking Ship



I forget where I first heard them, but it was a few years ago and I can't believe that I haven't posted this yet. I've had this band on rotation for a couple years now, partly because they're what I grew up listening to and every time I put it on, it's like a throwback to the olden days. It's basically punk rock with a melodic hook, a la Rise Against or newer Anti-Flag. Full choruses and harmonic riffs keep the record focused around the vocals, while the beat plow a path of energy throughout the entire album. Amazing, amazing record.

1. What Seperates Us All
2. Patty Hearst Syndrome, The
3. Melatonin
4. This Sinking Ship
5. Irish Handcuffs
6. Little Bohemia
7. I'll Be Gone
8. Shine
9. Breadwinner
10. Life Imitating Art
11. Cars
12. Folding The Pages

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nlmgmyhtiml

No comments: